View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: ATo in BB - simple flop question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, without any other given information, the default line would be to bet/3-bet. This would be an especially standard play at a passive table.
It sounds to me like there are some inflexible people out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Hey Garland, let's say you were in the CO and an unknown player limped in to your right. You're holding KK. What do you do?

Did you say raise? Why are you so inflexible? (By the way, I forgot to give you the extra information that the limper flashed you AA before you acted).

So while, yes, the *default* play is to raise KK, I think you should be aware that there are some situations, like when the limper has AA, where we can fold KK preflop. Just be flexible, ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're just being silly. You're taking a 100% play like raising a limper with KK and comparing it to this?

There are 100% plays and then there are debatable plays.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact you should bet in this situation. At all. However, I am saying there are options, if someone were to explain them to me, I would listen. It sounds like you don't want to listen. Just like in all the pre-flop discussions with everyone telling you, Joker, that you could loosen up just a tad bit.

This hand was played on Full Tilt, right? An online site, not a live game. Now listen to this: I used to play online games frequently. And they were quite aggressive...much more aggressive than live. If someone were to tell me there was zero chance that this gets checked around on the flop (ignore the fact that the pot wasn't raised pre-flop), what do you think the correct play is?

Garland