View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Need help with ruling

[ QUOTE ]
Psandman,

You are taking a very newbie friendly line here. You are saying that as the long the hand is not completely buried in the muck it should win the pot. The problem is that at some point players are responsible for defending their own action. For me, and most people that point is that person needs to turn their cards face up during showdown. This is includes if the cards are face up but skid across the table. Once a player releases their hand face down and away from themselves during showdown it is a clear muck. The reason why magic muck should not exist is because we believe that the clear intent of a player to table a hand should be respected and upheld. The problem with your idea is that players will never learn a critical aspect of poker. Namely, reading a board to determine hand values.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you reach this conclusion. certainly don't say that its acceptable for the boyfriend to do what he did say that I would have him kicked out. If he had been another player in the game I would give him a stern warning the first time, but as a spectator I would just toss him.

I just don't believe that the penalty here is that the girl's hand should be killed.