View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
You get a bit concerned if the attrition is catching up to the defense. Harris and Brown are not coming back and that is two really big parts of the dominant defense. Right now while this defense is good, they are not even close to as good as they are 100% healthy. They will need the offense to play good if they want to win. They can't have a "just don't mess it up" offense and win with defense mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more with this. I'm a big fan myself and the national media's portrayal of Bears as "Rex don't screw up and let your defense/special teams win" is not accurate. Maybe for remainder of regular season & possibly playoff game #1. Not for an NFC championship game or Super Bowl.

Teams have been able to run the ball a bit on the Bears last 6-7 weeks and they have been thrown on at times. No Harris hurt.

They will need to score 20+ on offense to win vs. a good team. The improvement in Benson will help (he gets 1-2 yards after getting hit, something Jones doesn't do as often). 3rd & 4 is much better than 3rd & 6 and brings the swing pass to RB, quick outs to TE into play more.

Pressure is clearly on for the offense to produce in playoffs like last night vs. Rams. If they do, I'll be expecting a Super Bowl berth. Then I'll take my chances vs. SD or Balt (yikes).