View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Ask Sooga about being a high school math teacher.. ugh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have any of your students ever offered bribes, sexual favors, etc. in exchange for better grades?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! I had a student offer me 5k in hundred dollar bills to change his failing grade. I caught him changing grades in my grade book, and I failed him right then and there for the term. But the class was civics, and he was a senior (he already failed the class once) and he had to pass the class to graduate on time. He offered me 5K in class, and I just laughed at him. The next day he came to school and showed me what looked to be about 5K in hundreds (I didn't count them). I told him to get the hell out of my room and I let my principal know about it. FWIW, my punnishment was upheld my the school, and then the schoolboard. He was forced to attend summer school, and i'm sure he still hates my guts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap! that's crazy... I tell my kids jokingly that if they wanted to bribe me, it'd have to be enough for me to retire off of, because if I got caught accepting a bribe, I wouldn't be able to get another job teaching again. Haha