View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Bank robber wins 1 mil on lottery ticket-but hes not allowed play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You must know the story in Britain about the convicted rapist who bought a ticket whilst on day release and scooped the £7 million jackpot..sickening!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3554008.stm

edit: fixed

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see how that is sickening atall tbh. He has a right to have money and do what he wants with it. I think it's just peoples pure jealousy that made that an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay, 'sickening' was just a turn of phrase (i.e. why can't it happen to me', not that he doesn't 'deserve the money'.

As it happens though, I think rape is a disgusting crime and he should be penalised.
Imagine a rape victim wins the lottery next week. All is gravy yeah? No. She has such little-self esteem that no amount of money will make a difference to her life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but I remember the reaction of people at the time at that is what I was referring to mainly.

Obviously rape is a heinous crime - that's why he is in jail. You're point about the rape victim is very biased though. If a rapist wins the lottery a similar view can be expressed - he is still in jail for the crime he committed, he is still a disgusting rapist and no amount of money is going to change that. Also no-one except completely retarded Daily Mail readers would say anything close to 'Imagine a rape victim wins the lottery next week. All is gravy yeah?' since its obviously completely detatched from the truth.