View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Tom Brady Best QB Ever!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yea, put Kurt Warner on the list but not Aikman, WELL DONE BRO

Brady is a great player, but this thread at this time is ridiculous, which is why I (and I guarentee a lot of others), will not waste my time arguing with a bunch of homers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kurt Warner is on the "peak" list. His peak was 4,000,0000,0000,0000,0,0,0,0,0,,,00000,,00000 times better than Aikman.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, if you base everything on stats, which I'm guessing you didnt or you wouldn't have made this thread

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just trying to figure out some way possible that Aikman could possibly have had a better peak than Warner? If you can make some kind of argument, please do, becaue Warner dominated him in stats and won a Super Bowl, two NFC championchips, and two NFL MVP's in three seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, since when did 1 superbowl in 3 seasons become better then 3 superbowls in 4 seasons? Course he didnt have the NFL MVPS, but neither did your boy Tom Brady. Anyway I dont want to turn this into a Warner vs Aikman thing, the point is you think Brady is so far ahead of Aikman that you didnt even include him on the list, which is absolutely terrible. I know the Cowboys teams were better overall, but the Patriots did have the better coaching staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aikman is everything that Tom Brady haters think that Tom Brady is. Aikman never put up any kind of numbers and his supporting cast was far and away the best in the league at that time. Aikman was not a top contributer on his three Super Bowl teams, while Brady was THE top contributer. So to compare Aikman and Brady, well, there is no comparison.

With regards to Warner, his three year run is one of the tops of all time, there is no argument there. Since that is the case, and Aikman never really had a run as a great QB, it's doubtfull anyone can make a great case for Aikman being in the ballpark of Warner for peak.

Edited to add: I did not include Aikman on the list because, plain and simple, he is not one of the top QB of all time. That assesment is not only not terrible, it is the only logical assesment that a person could come to by looking at the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think Warner will join Aikman in the HOF? How many SB rings does Warner have compared to Aikman? Will Warner pass for over 10,000 more yards to even get close to Aikman's career numbers? Aikman might not be one of the best QB of all time, but he deserves much much more credit than Warner. I would consider HOF status,SB rings, and career stats much more of a factor than their peak.