View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 02:10 AM

Default But you have to!

Me: "Yeah, my wife and I are thinking about taking another big trip next fall. We love Central America but want to go somewhere else. Neither of us have any interest in Europe and no way in hell am I spending a day on a plane to Australia or New Zealand, so we're considering Chile, Argentina, Peru and I'm trying to talk her into South Africa and that bush lodge that we were talking about."

Co-worker: "You have to go to Italy man. You have to. Tuscany during the autumn is unbelievable."
Co-worker2: "You guys would love Croatia, I'm telling you, just go to Croatia. The people are amazing."

Me: "We really don't want to go to Europe."

Co-worker: "Yeah, but you don't understand Italy, you MUST go to Italy."

Me: "No, really, we're not interested in Italy."

Co-worker: "Italy is better than Chile."

Me: "You've never been to Chile!"

Co-worker: "But I know how great Italy is."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife's friend: "We went to that new Indian place last week, it was so good. You guys have to go. A bunch of us are going Friday, you have to come."

Wife: "We're not fans of Indian cuisine, so we'll have to pass. Thanks for the invite though."

Wife's friend: "But you don't understand how good this is, you'll love it"

Wife: "We've tried a number of dishes, we've dined at KotoD's Indian co-workers homes before, we just don't like it, sorry."

Wife's friend: "You don't know what you're missing, it's the best, seriously just come along."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is happening more and more often. A friend was tracked down by a woman in his office and forced to try some coconut cake, even though he tried to politely beg off because he hates the flavor of coconut. She kept after him because he "will LOVE this". My wife eats chicken and fish, but not beef. Her boss spent an entire dinner attempting to get her to try filet.

I don't know if I have a point, but damn people are pushy when it comes to their tastes, regardless of your own.