View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: i always want to fold but i feel like i\'m supposed to call

For those who advocate a check on the flop, would you then just call the villain down on a safe turn and river? That line just seems so weak to me. You might be missing out value for when the villain has something like QT and is just going to check/call you down.

If you're losing, you're going to lose money, and you're obviously going to lose more if you bet the flop than if you check behind the flop.

However, if you're winning and you check, you also win less than than if you bet the flop.

I think the deciding factor here is the villains stats indicating that there's a good chance that he's lag and therefore holding hands like AQ KQ that makes this hand a bet on the flop.

Most villains holding QQ JJ will cr flop or cr turn. But because of his stats, there's now a good chance that he's also doing this with hands like AQ KQ that makes betting the flop profitable.

I just hate to play like the villain has the nuts especially when he's showing these kinds of stats.

However, the villain is still acting strong on the blank turn. I will need reads to stay in the hand.