View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Angelo: Fastrolling

[ QUOTE ]
There was a 2+2 post not long ago in B&M where villain said "Kings", then proceeded to show his cards, but the bottom card was directly behind the top card and couldn't be seen. He was waiting for our hero to muck, since hero couldn't beat kings. But hero waited him out, asked the dealer to make villain show both, and villain reluctantly showed his other card - a T. Hero finally tabled JJ and won, noting the angle shoot.

Sure you could have tabled your cards, but you'd have missed this great opportunity. Even if you tabled your cards after he said kings instead of before, you'd still not see what he was bluffing with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy fastrolls only when he can beat the hand that the opponent verbally claims. Thus, he would have waited here, and still seen the angle shoot.

It's true that Tommy would have fastrolled aces and missed the angle shoot. To me, this is not a big deal. That's because this sort of angle shoot is rare, and also because it will never cost me the pot (since I never muck without seeing a better hand faceup).