View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

But you already have at least some of those who actally receive the freeroll EV also saying that they would prefer to not have to deal with them.
If only 33% of SN's play the freerolls in the first place and only some of those actually enjoy playing the freerolls are available for them then that leaves a vast majority of SN's would prefer straight-up cash.

Right now I think you have some bitterness from those in Europe and Australia especially for whom the freerolls are pretty inconvenient.
And you even have some bitterness from people like myturn and me who have actually made more money from the freerolls but just don't like the specified time-commitment even when it isn't interfering with our schedules too much.

When you have some bitterness from the people who can't realistically participate and you have bitterness from some of the people who actually are participating then that only leaves a small minority of SN's who actually find these things exciting or worthwhile.

Keeping the same format to appease that small minority and keep them happy while continuing to leave the vast majority of SN's kind of annoyed for one reason or another or another does't seem like a good idea to me.

As has been recommended before...if they had flexible freerolls or offered Sunday-Million tickets or something then I think that would go a ways towards solving one of the problems with the time-commitment thing and that it's impossible to hold a weekly freeroll that is at a convenient time for everyone.
At least let me have SOME choice in when to play them instead of practically telling me, "Saturday at 2p Eastern!! Or else you get nothing!"