Thread: pay off?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: pay off?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't get why you played this hand so passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like getting money in bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two overcards and the nut flush draw seems like a pretty good flop for your hand. You are probably way ahead. Your raise either gets BB out or he calls and you get a little more information about his hand. And you probably take control of the turn. I say this knowing that I don't play as sophisticated a game as do you (I mean this sincerely, no sarcasm intended).

The river is interesting. Because you are now getting 10+:1, against an "exceptional player" who is smart enough to bet out on this scare card because he knows you are good enough to fold TPTK. I would call but I would lose the hand because people know that I would not lay down TPTK, therefore they wouldn't be betting into me unless they had a queen, at least. If you called, you might win, cuz they have a different hand against you than me...this makes sense???

Having said this I realize that, even against you, the player is probably donking with a huge hand, 90% of the time.

God bless.

[/ QUOTE ]

the major question on the river is "how on earth does he ever have a queen in his hand?"