View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Learning to communicate

[ QUOTE ]
Here, I can take time, write a sentence, rewrite it, organize some paragraphs, etc., with very little pressure. When a real person is in front of me, however, I can [censored] up the smoothest logic or the funniest joke on the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very simple solution! Calm down, be more mellow & easy going. Practice deep breathing excersices (google) and maybe some quick meditation in the morning to clear your mind and get you going with a fresh start for the day. The worst thing you can do is focus on messing up. Stop caring/worrying about it, and you will find yourself not messing up.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, I don't drink. (not opposed to it, and will almost certainly drink in the future, but well, I also happen to be quite socially inept and I don't often find myself in situations where one would drink.)

[/ QUOTE ]Get out more, you're in a cycle. You don't feel comfortable about talking to others, which causes you to not go to social events & socialize, which in turn causes you to grow even more distant with your communication skills.

Get out there, and don't be afraid. It's like asking someone out for a date, lots of people stress like maniacs, when the worst thing that could happen is a "no". Don't think about your constant slip ups it only makes it worse. In your transition period to socialgod, if you find yourself slipping up, learn to laugh at yourself. The more you accept & aren't afraid of your mistakes, the less you'll make them, and eventually they'll disappear.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]