View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Can someone please help me explain why I lose all the time?

Wonderfull topic aint it? Im so frustrated right now, I'm ready to quit... Again.. I know I haven't been on the forums that long but I need help bad, constructive critisizm, ragg on me, whatever, I need to find out what I'm doing wrong when I donk off my entire stack the day after I deposit.

Here's the deal. About a year ago I would deposit $100 into my FT account about once a week, and lose it immediately, only to deposit more. So I quit. Then a couple weeks ago I bought 2 books, "Getting Started in Hold'em" and Small Stakes Hold'em. I finished the first book relatively quickly, wrote notes, did almost exactly what it said to do. So I decided to deposit $300 this past weekend.

I sat at a 1/2NL 6 ring, with $60. I decided to "shortstack" the table. folding, folding, waiting for my hands and eventually I doubled (about an hour), so I split the winnings into a second table.

At that table also I was doing excellent. Up over $400 profit in less than 2 hours from both tables, with my initial deposit still in my account, I was flyin high at that point.

I decided I was better than the game so I moved to 2/4NL 6 ring. Not doing as well as the 1/2NL but not losing either. Eventually I had close to $900 PROFIT in my account in one day.

I stopped for the night feeling good. Woke up the next morning at hit the computer immediately. Opened 2 2/4NL rings for $80 buy in's each and proceeded to lose from hand one. I was fluctuating up and down all day till the heartbreaker came.

2/4NL 6 player Max
Hero on the button
Hero A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero raises to 4.5 times the big blind

Everyone folds to cutoff
Villian calls

Flop
10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian bets the pot
Hero raises 3x the pot
Villain calls

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets the pot
Villain calls

River 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

So I got 2 pair, thinking im in dam decent shape I go all in.

Pot is now almost $1000

Villain insta-calls

Villain shows a boat 6's full

I just about lost my head over this one, tilted instantly, how could someone call a preflop 3x raise with 10 friggin 6 offsuit?

So I stayed on after that and continued to lose my entire bankroll. I now have 4 cents in my account. Yay for me!

So, can you guys PLEASE help me and tell me what the hell im doing wrong, what I need to do, or if anyone wants to coach. Any help is apreciated. Im so pissed right now, I should just kill myself I think.

Thanks guys

DanielJay