View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Sexytime Containment Thread

Here's the complete convo of me and this 31 yr old woman who winked at me... She said in her profile she was a v unpredictable conversationalist, so

[ QUOTE ]
How unpredictable a conversationalist are you really? I'm imagining something like this:

Me: Hi how's it going, how about that weather outside?
You: I do NOT have to dance the Macarena!
Me: OK...well, what's wrong with the Macerena?
You: Exploding Fish Fortress! I like turtles!

Let's talk about the word "quirky." I find it condescending, don't you? I prefer the term: non-linear. Non-linear Americans Unite!

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm overthinking my cold emails...just a single comment should do it, right?
1 week later:

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Peter...

Sorry for the late reply! But thanks for the analogy to the macarena. Perhaps we should add the running man as well? Fond memories of that one! =)

Anyway, I noticed your profile. Intriguing to say the least. First and foremost though is the prominent attention paid to the movie Operation Dumbo Drop. But perhaps more attention should be paid to the reasons for actually having watched it. Or watching more than 5 minutes of it. But perhaps she dare not offend in an initial email! ;-)

Also, are you really into old trashy old movies? I'm a big fan of camp, I must confess. If a movie could be trashy and campy at the same time, that would rock! And a dash of film noir on the side? I'm in!

P.S. I actually like the word quirky. It tends to mean something different depending on who you ask. I say, quirky-lovers, come hither!

Cheers!
XXX

[/ QUOTE ]

How to proceed?
I think I'm going with: small joke, then ask for number to continue convo rather than more flirting bs.