View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Workout Plan and Diet lists looking for suggestions

[ QUOTE ]
Questions about SS:

1) How necessary/useful are warmup sets?

2) How much time is usually spent stretching before the workout?

3) Roughly how long do people stay with this program before they "outgrow" it and move on to a more advanced program?

4) Are there some basic cardio guidelines in terms of time per workout and which bikes/treadmills/cross trainers are best?

5) I took note of the gradual additions of things like pullups and abs -- does 2+2 specifically recommend certain additional programming or do we agree that the program is very well rounded and I should just add in the extra programming as said on the SS forum FAQ page?

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Very
2) just be able to get into the bottom position of the squat, so probably do some bodyweight squats. You don't need to do static stretching.
3) TimM has been on it for a long time. Even if you stop adding weight each workout (stalling), you can reset and you will get a little more improvement.
5)The program allows you to add pullups and dips, 2x8, to the end of a workout. Don't do both on the same day. You could probably do abs as well, but you don't want to wreck your ab muscles because you'll be squatting in two days and core strength is important. So if you do do it, don't overdo it. get what i mean?