View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Any Full Tilt regulars on here? NL 200 and NL 100

[ QUOTE ]
Narena's flat call on the flop set off alarms in my head

[/ QUOTE ]

I can appreciate that but his style seems to be that he flat calls a fairly wide range on the flop including monsters (sets), hands that he thinks might be best AJ/KJ, draws and sometimes floats looking for weakness. This is why he can be difficult to play against because if you make a second bet you could be either giving him the info he needs to fold a hand you beat or giving him value if he has a strong hand. Sometimes I go into call down mode against him but that doesn't seem to work very well either because he hammers you if he has it and keeps it cheap if he doesn't. As I said in my other post I think betting is the lesser of two evils - just remember he's a good player so if he calls or raises your turn bet he's not doing anything stupid and you should be able to range him accordingly.

I personally think that betting the turn here is good against pretty much any decent player unless you already have a good idea of their range and want to take another line. In cases where you are unsure I like to bet my hand, afterall QQ is still good on this board, until given information that suggests I should do otherwise.