View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Is it ever possible to avoid getting busted by sets?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've experience and seen this situation all too often. You get AA preflop (woohoo), raise it up 4x standard. Get a caller. Board comes something like 2sTcJc. Its drawy, better bet out big here to chase out the flush and straight drawers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your mistake may be this thought right here. You're not trying to chase out draweing hands, you're trying to make them either call a bet incorrectly or fold incorrectly.

Consider. Do you want a hand like KT or J9 to fold? Or do you want to play in a way that gets you paid off?

One mistake that some players make is that they become so shell-shocked from being drawn out that they become fixated on possible draws and seem to forget about the other hands that are in their opponents' hand ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I usually make about a 3/4PSB bet on the flop here which should get called by TP kind of hands. Then the same problem runs out when u get to showdown, he turns over a set instead.

Im 1 of those players that gets outdrawn till its messing with my mind lol. If i dont take it down before the river, all kinds of scary things start popping up in my head. Oh well i know it shouldnt, but still cant help it.

So it seems like the concensus here is that with the right board and without any detailed read, u HAVE to pay off your oppoents?