View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Build 55 of Sixth Sense Released

[ QUOTE ]
I tried e-mailing the SS support, but got no reply; maybe here I'll have better luck . . .

I'm interested in trying SS, but I have my PT database (postgres) running remotely. I'm aware that SS won't automagically import networked databases, so I went to the manual add, selected PostgreSQL ODB Driver, and on the connection page have PTPGSQL1 as the Data Source, 192.168.1.102 as the Location -- but it throws an error "unspecified initizalization error" for "test connection" and if I just click 'ok' I'm told that the database isn't a PT database -- but I know it is, as PT is currently open and running and that's the only DB I've got.

Has anybody had similar issues and/or know a way to work around it? Because the software sounds damn useful, if it would only work . . .

Thanks,

Joel

[/ QUOTE ]

Joel, its confusing, but "Data Source" is the IP address or machine name of the computer where the database is, and "Location" is the database name (e.g., "PTPGSQL1"). Its pretty much the opposite of how you would expect it.

Make those changes, and then make sure "Test Connection" works. If test connection fails, any errors from SS are meaningless anyways.

Let me know how that goes. Sorry for the delay.

-Ben