View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: 25NL: Mathematical Call?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Two streets left, not one. We're 1.2-to-1, easy call.

Edit: If it was one street left, why would you assume that 90% of us would make a call not getting the odds??? Or is it that 90% of the total player pool for this level would call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has nothing to do with how many streets are left. (NL Holdem: A guide to cash games") I can't give you a reference b/c i dont have the book in front of me. But flush draws are 4-1 dogs, which means you will hit your hand roughly one time out of 4. I have a combo draw which increases it to roughly 3-1. hence i need 3-1 from the pot to make a call. if im only getting 2.5-1 from the pot, that means i have to hit my hand once out of every 2.5 hands to make this call, but I will only hit it once out of every 3.

Second, I was referring to the general quality of play at this limit that most people would make that call on the flop. i said nothing about the turn.

Lol at 1.2-1. What are you talking about here? You're suggesting that we'll hit a 12 outer 83.33% of the time. I think you need to study draws and pot odds as a combination learning tool. You are calling down with draws waaaay too often if this is what you're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK your original post was a pretty good troll attempt, I'd even go as far as to give it a 7/10. But after this follow up I'm going to have to drop your score down to 3/10. Better luck next time.