View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Rootabagers New Log

It's good that I am stronger than everyone else in class. It makes it hard to hold me. It's also easier to manipulate someone when you are stronger.

If you can totally overwhelm someone physically then it's hard to beat you.

I have rolled with some blue and purple belts that weigh like 140 pounds and they cant beat me. I dont know much in form of technique but I am strong and athletic and can force on certain moves like rear naked chokes and guillotines that I couldnt get on someone as strong as me.

Also if you get caught in something like an armbar you can use overwhelming strength and just stand out of it, or curl out of it.

Then again if you are the same strength as someone you are rolling with technique is 100% but that is common sense I guess.

Some of the guys that are really good can do some amazing stuff. It's really cool thing to know. You can learn to overcome strength advantages if you are expert I imagine. You can see that in someone like royce gracie who was beating huge guys with no ground experience.

Rolling with purple belts which takes a few years to get the y will use your weight against you and if you get off balance for a second they will feel it and flip you and stuff.

Hoep I got the point across ok. I am a begginer to BJJ so I have a really new opinion on all this stuff.