View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: how many holes in one did you have this year?

Lol @ BO.

I had a hole in one 21 years ago at 13 yrs old. When I was on tour I joked with my caddies a few times that I was due to win a car or better cause I had waited so long for my second ace.

I once lipped out after coming back of a tier in the 3rd rd of the New Zealand open. Would've netted me a Honda S2000 convertible. I was playing in the second group of the day as I had made the cut (probably the only one that season) on the number. I was playing with Grant Waite and Nathan Green.
Nathan had earlier that season holed out for $500,000 at the Aussie Masters, which really kicked his career along nicely.
So I was probably the 4th or 5th guy to have a shot at the car. Later that day nursing a cold beer in my hotel room after a disappointing 79 I watch the tournament leader Greg Turner bring the ball back off the same tier and his ball stopped about an inch short right in the jaws. I no longer felt unlucky, because I can honestly say that 5 hours earlier his ball would've had no chance of ever stopping where it did. That was about 6 years ago, and I'm still waiting for Ace #2.