View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: WSOP Accomodations (Stars)

just received this email. im arriviving on the 27th but i requested day 1C as my first pick for of the days. im afraid if i tell them im arriving on the 27th, this will influence the day i play. i dont have time to do it now but i will email stars and ask them if this will affect it.

bwana

Hello, member of the PokerStars team at the WSOP:

We have recently processed your registration with the WSOP and need to set up your hotel reservations. To do that, we need to know what day you're arriving in Las Vegas.

We realize that you may be waiting to make those plans until you know your start date in the main event. You should receive an email from the WSOP staff within the next two weeks that will contain, among other things, your start date information. Please be on the lookout for that email (and make sure it doesn't fall into your spam folder).

Once you know your arrival date in Las Vegas, please send it to us at:

pokerstars@meridican.com

There are a couple of reasons that we need it, but here's the one that matters the most to you: if we don't hear from you, then we will put your arrival date at the hotel to be Thursday, July 27th. If you don't arrive on that day, then the hotel will cancel your reservation; that is their policy, not ours. You will not have a place to stay when you arrive in Las Vegas.

To encourage you to send in that information, we will deposit 500 FPPs into your account when you send us your arrival date information. So if you already know what date you're going to arrive (regardless of your start date) then send it to us now - it's an easy 500 FPPs. Please note that this is only available to players who are booking their hotel through PokerStars.

Finally, please note that your arrival date does *not* affect the day on which you must check out of the hotel. Your reservation is to check out on Saturday, August 5th (with an extra four nights added if you're still in the event on August 4th). Arriving later does not push your initial reservation beyond an August 5th checkout.

We look forward to hearing from you soon with arrival date information. And we look forward to personally welcoming you to the World Series of Poker in three short months.

Best regards,
The PokerStars WSOP Registration Staff .