View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Playing in retardland...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so, his range of hands beating us is AK, and he is more likely to bet TT-QQ than KK/AA (which also have a larger amount of combinations).

I think preflop discounts AK a fair bit, so his range is mostly whiffed speculative hands A-x, TT-QQ, AK and AA/KK occassionally.

In my experience his range is weighted towards one that would allow you to call the turn, you disagree. Poker isn't just black and white so we seem to be arguing a point that there is no strict answer to. I don't think it's hugely constructive and I have given my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]this stuff is really great... i especialy enjoyed the part about the PFR being more likely to bet turn w/ TT-QQ than AA/KK and how totally whiffed speculative make up the majority of his range

ever done stand up comedy?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP agreed that he was more likely to bet JJ than AA on the turn so I don't know why you think that is funny....

from experience I would think that a min raise from this type of player generally means a kind of suited connector, suited ace, and big hands. Since we have discussed that all but AK can be discounted heavily, then his range is AK + whiffed suited connectors and A-x hands.

If you think this is wrong, please explain why.

If you think that this is not his range then we can agree to disagree because I imagine it is.

Postflop tendencies however can differ from player to player and he may only bet the turn with AA, AK and KK as i stated earlier.

I have given a pretty decent analysis here which is something I don't do in other threads. You may argue that I am wrong but calling this range stupid is just your opinion of his range.