View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Staked players in a game with the staker

[ QUOTE ]
I'm somewhat unclear on what comparison you're interested in. Do you want to know whether it's wise to stake good players so they may sit a game with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to stake anyone. As I said in the OP, I play in a high stakes live game where the staker has a piece of from 1-3 players and the piece ranges from 25%-50%.

I'm asking whether or not it's +EV for him to have pieces of other good players in a full ring game and, conversely, whether or not it's +EV for me to play in it if he does. My gut is telling me it does matter, but I can't put anything quantitative to it. So maybe I'm wrong.

An analogy is a 3 handed game where two of the other players are on the same bankroll. Rather than colluding by forcing you out of pots, they can just "best hand" you. They have an edge on you in that scenario.

Is that somewhat the same scenario where a staker has pieces of players, rather than playing from the same bankroll? If so, to what degree and should it effect the decision to play in the game?