View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:26 AM

Default confused with a rivered straight

What I am really struggling with is the river, but feel free to tell me that I have screwed it up on an earlier street. Any input is very welcome.

5/10 5-handed online

Hero ($970) in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Bad loose player ($700, 60/7/0,9) limps UTG, Hero raises $50, TAG regular ($980, 20/14/2,2) calls on the Button, Blinds fold, UTG calls.

Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($165)

Bad player checks, Hero bets $120 (anyone not cbetting here?), TAG calls, bad player folds.

Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($405)

Hero bets $220 (Ok? I thought this should deny him the odds to profitably call with a draw and this should also make him fold most pocketpairs. But I was afraid to be bluffed on the river and not being able to call with my A-high. If he calls and a blank falls, what would I do?), TAG calls.

River 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($845)

Finally I rivered something, what to do now? Fire a small bet? Check and call most bets? Check and fold? In the hand I thought that there is no value in betting (wrong? I dont see a worse hand calling), but I also thought that this is a spot where villain will not bluff his busted draws because I should often have a straight here - which means that there is no value in checking either. Another problem with checking is that if villain bets i may have to call to split the pot with him, but I may also be beaten by a better straight. If you ask me about his range and if there may be A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in it, unfortunately I cannot tell you because I dont know. Its possible, I think. This is how the river went, and I am still confused about it:

Hero checks, TAG bets $333, Hero grumbles and finally calls.