View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Live 5/10 deep -- Did I get the most out of it?

Live 5/10 game at the Wynn a few weeks ago.

I have a nitty tight image, but have shown down some wacky hands for big pots (both from calling and opening), i.e. LAG PF but playing well post flop. I start the hand with ~$5K, about $2K in chips and the rest in bills (important for later).

Villian has not be too active on the table, seems to have a clue and has shown a willingness to gamble and call light. He covers. He is a tourist in from Boston.

Straddled pot... Folds to me in MP with AQo and I open for $120, folds to villian in SB and he calls, BB folds and UTG (straddler) calls.

Flop: ($370) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; SB checks, UTG checks, I lead for $250, SB calls quickly, UTG folds.

Turn: ($870) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], {A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]}; SB checks and I check.

River: ($870) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], {A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]}; SB leads for $700, I quickly grab the stack of bills from behind my chips and literally toss them out and flop back in my seat, arms crossed, looking down (note this is not the normal way you bet with bills, you either count them out and place them in or have them separated in groups of $1K, $5K or $10K and place the brick in and declare an amount if the bet is less than the brick).

Villian asks who much, I answer "I dont know" and the dealer counts it our and tells him it's $2300 more.

Villian is staring me down and finally opens his hand showing 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I sit up to see his hand better, and deflate in my seat, elbows on the rail, head in hands... Villain calls after a couple of minutes without putting any money in the pot, I confirm the call and table my hand, villain was shocked to lose.

So all this acting was not planned and not something I do a lot, but it kind of worked this time, but I am thinking I could have extracted more from this guy, i.e. played for stacks since he made the classic I call expecting to win deal without putting his chips/bills in and the look on his face confirmed this.

So two questions...

1) Should I have lead the turn? If yes how much?

2) Should I have pushed the river? If no, how much do I raise that would get a push from the villian?