View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Greenberg law firm has to go, D$D, it is not even close ...

[ QUOTE ]
Why wait for "the law firm of Jack Abramof, convicted swindler and lobbyist for online gaming" to hit the press releases ?

The tangible evidence is the FoF ability and likely plan to smear the PPA with the association.

I am not knocking the firm, I know their history in this industry. I am just saying cut them loose from lobbying because this is online gaming.

If the Titanic had turned a little sooner, we would have been spared a really terrible movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the role Greenberg plays in this effort the FoF's position is very weak.

I don't mean to harp on an issue I had hoped would die down soon but we as a group deminish Greenberg's role and visibleness the more member driven our actions become. Greenberg's role has never been to lead the fight, and my issue is the feeling that perhaps the PPA has become to reliant on their talents.

But to suggest that we throw them under the bus just because a FoFer realized they are involved and in truth are more scared of them than us is simply folding to a bluff weak raise in the press.

If Greenberg Trauig had a hint of loosing its ability or was painted with the same brush I would be the first to point that out. I have a personal friend caught up in that mess, his political life was destroyed as well as that of his wife and he may end up in jail because of his association with Jack.

I am well aware of getting tarred with the same brush game that is played well in DC. I've seen good people loose their jobs and ability to survive in DC because they happened to work for or were friends with the wrong person.

It is a constant parlor game here, it is part of what makes this place the swamp it always was. It doesn't matter sometimes the value or loyality of the individual, you can get "killed" just as quick in DC as you can in a Manhattan poker room, for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you look deeply into this you'll find Jack joined GT late in his career. GT had been around and well established long before Jack came around. Had the circumstances been different perhaps we might have to worry, but as it is there is no need for concern.

Right now it would be like refusing to go to a world class hospital who had the best doctors for your condition because a doctor they hired was screwing candy stripers and the hospital promptly fire him. If the hospital has defended the doctor knowing he was an idiot at the least then you might have cause for concern.

As it is you are over reacting.

D$D