View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Some preflop questions.

I know some of these questions are pretty basic but I am just doing a little audit of my preflop play and am posting this here because I respect your opinions.

Assume it is a mid limit game where anywhere from 3-6 people are seeing a flop. It is moderately aggressive preflop. Average aggressiveness post flop.

I have a TAG image.

Hand 1) Loose passive limps UTG and it is folded to me in hijack with 66. Nobody super aggressive behind me, I suspect the pot will be either 4 or 5 way. Half of the players are loose and half tight behind me..... what is my play? What if all players were tight behid me?

Hand 2) This is actually just a question. Do you always play any ace from the SB(assume it is a 20-40 game) or are there situations were you would fold? How about hands like K9,Q9,J9. Assuming there was not a raise preflop.

Hand 3) It is folded to TAG in cutoff who raises, the SB(average player but too loose preflop) calls and I have 6h4h....What is my play? What are your cutoffs if any with suited hands like this in this situation?

Hand 4) UTG(raises quite often preflop) raises, two MPs call and I have Ah4h in SB....What is my play? What are your cutoffs here?

Hand 5) A tight solid player limps MP, A very aggressive preflop player raises from cutoff(He will raise with a ton of hands including trash sometimes. He is pretty straight forward postflop). I am on the button with AJ offsuit, the blinds are pretty loose and bad.....What is my play?