View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Low Stakes Limit Game - Guy Hollywooding every hand

[ QUOTE ]
It just got annoying and people (to his left) actually started acting out of turn and folding their hands (as they were going to regardless of his action).

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a guy where I play regularly who does this on purpose. I try to sit to his left and wait. Once I was UTG+1 and then found myself on the button (same hand).

[ QUOTE ]

It got even worse because he stayed in 90% of the hands (usually raising) and would proceed to do the same bit on every street, hollywoodin' it up like he had a really hard decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy is flat out horrible at poker. Even though you are playing fewer hands, this is a goldmine. Isolate him with good hands and take his money.

There was a guy I played with once who did this. He was dead tired (hadn't slept in 48 hrs), drunk (or at least drinking), Russian (spoke little english), and had to be told how much each bet was (it was limit). Nobody said a word to the dealer, the Floor, or the Russian (except for the occasional "Boris, its $20"). This guy dropped over $2,000 in less than 5 hours. Which is $45/hr per person average in addition to any other profit there might have been (in a 10/20 LHE game this was over 2 BB's/hr just from this guy alone)

What we did do, was start a contest from down to down challenging each dealer to see how many hands he/she could deal in 30 minutes. Amazingly, one dealer hit 24 hands. The low was about 11 hands or so. Just about every dealer participated eagerly and would help in prompting the player to make a quick decision.