View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ATL over NYR in 7 (provided Kovalchuk wakes up)

[/ QUOTE ]

If scoring goals in 4 straight games is asleep, I don't want to wake up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt he still has scoring touch, but I was merely alluding to the fact that he seriously cooled off in the second half of the season -- probably more so than any other elite forward in the NHL. 76 points in 82 GP for Kovalchuk is a big dissapointment, especially after 98 points in 76 games last year. All due respect to Slava Kozloz (I'm a big backer of Kozlov being underrated in fantasy leagues), he shouldn't be getting more points than Kovalchuk.

Hossa's still going strong, but if ATL wants to go anywhere in the playoffs, they're going to need to cut down on the GA, and hope Kovalchuk goes on a tear.

Didn't really think about how outmatched BUF vs. NYI is... still, I think the Islander's are carrying some momentum into the playoffs, and while they're probably just happy to be there, I think they're more likely to beat BUF than TB is to beat NJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are WAY off - NJ has been sleepwalking for the last month and a half, if they lose Game 1, they are probably finished. Islanders winning that series is a 20-1 shot - at least.