View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: **Ask a golf course employee**

1. we cut the greens everyday, fairways are cut 3-4 times during the week depending on the events for that week and rough is continually cut by one old retired guy.

2. the course is in minnesota so depending on how much rain we get the grass is watered in cycles everynight and if we have not had rain in a while watering is done during the day both with sprinkler systems and sometimes by hand on areas like green collars.

3. my day this summer consisted of getting to the course at 6am and complaining about how tired i was. in the morning from about 6-10 is when greens, tees, and fairways are cut and the bunkers are raked. i usually cut tees which is done with a walking mower or i cut approaches on the fairway. all mowing is done on a riding mower except for tees. then there are odd jobs like divot service on some fairways and tee boxes, and trimming around the club house or weed whipping-the worst job.

4. biggest pet peeve are golfers that are too impatient to wait until a mower is out of range before hitting a shot either from the tee or on the fairway