View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: My inner calling station lives....

QueBob, if the guy is going to bet with a weaker hand but fold when I raise him then I make less money than just letting him keep bet unless of course I raise the river and he folds in which case (assuming MHIG)I still only make 2.5bets postflop. If I Think he is calling down with a turn raise when he is toast then I would raise.

fwiw I briefly consided a river raise as I think he pays off with a worse pocket pair here because my line is wtf but the K wasnt a good card for that IMHO because either he spiked one or he can maybe fold because i obv got lucky with AK (lol).

Anyone like a river raise here if not A or K? (or even it it is)

I had a specific read here and I believe I used it well. Sure its not a big sample size but stats at the extreme ends of the spectrum often can be useful over even if sample isnt great. Im a pretty aggressive player but even before posting I was reasonably happy with my line against this particular villian type. I dont think this line is correct that often but it works here.

The ranges the guys put him on are about what I thought too except I doubt he has the high pocket pairs because he 3 balls those preflop.