View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Rivered straight, 4 flush board, bizare line by villian.

So I think I played this hand pretty bad, but I really couldn't make any sense of what the villian was doing.

CO just lost his stack when his 6 high flush was beaten by a queen high flush. Since then he was mad tilty, had been betting really bizaare amounts pre, then folding on flop etc, ie raisng with what clearly wasnt strength. So I figured my initail call was +EV just because he was so tilted.

Had some history with UTG, he was playing at like 65/10, and was really lagging it up pre-flop. He generally didnt carry on too much after the flop if he missed, but OOP against him I couldn't really exploit him. I was still up about $60 against him though.

In a previous hand, he'd called a big re-raise on a 2 tone flop, checked the blank turn and then bet out big when the flush draw came home on the river. I folded my AK, and he showed two low unpaired cards.

I just couldn't make any sense of his line, the only possibility I could think of was AK diamonds, but that would be a wierd play pre, and against a guy playing 65% of his hands pre, I thought I couldn't really narrow his hand to exactly 1 hand.

Comments on pre, flop and turn play welcome. What to do on river, do you call or is this a clear fold?

What hands do you put him on?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $133.60
UTG: $117.35
CO: $47.55
BTN: $49.25
SB: $77.10

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">CO raises to $3</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $2.75, Hero calls $2.50, <font color="red">UTG raises to $5.50</font>, CO calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($22) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $4</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($30) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7

River: ($44) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $15</font>