View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, Gary Moeller's winning percentage at UM was 77%. Lloyd Carr's is 75%. Amazing that some consider Carr a good coach, yet Moeller is considered a failure. Which is the thing I always point out when a Carr apologist tells me about Lloyd's great winning percentage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was starting from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I posted that Carr and Moeller's winning percentage at UM were almost identical, it wasn't done to praise Moeller, it was done to illustrate that people who defend Carr based on his winning percentage, must also defend Moeller as a good coach. Or John Cooper at OSU, and many others who had great winning percentages.

Bottom line, imo: If you are coaching at an elite program with access to great talent, you have to be a [censored] up of biblical proportions not to have a good winning percentage. As previously stated, Gary Moeller and John Cooper had great winning percentages. Does anybody consider them really good coaches? If not, then how do the same people consider Carr a good coach based on that same criteria?