View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Tutorial Video #3: 100NL 6-max

[ QUOTE ]

1. UTG limps, You raise 5 otb w/ T9o, only UTG calls (pf is good). The flop comes TT7dd. UTG checks and you bet 7 into a pot of 11. I think you need to be atleast 9. UTG is pretty much either calling or folding so I think your missing some value (and letting him to draw to cheaply). You also want to inflate the pot so you can get more money in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason why I bet 7 here is that I would bet 7 as well if I actually missed the flop and did a standard c-bet. I can't start varying my bet size depending on whether i've hit the flop or not. If he's got a draw then he is not getting the right pot odds anyways and probably isn't getting the right implied odds because I got position and won't pay him off if he does draw out on me.

[ QUOTE ]

2. You (UTG) raise w/ KQs and weak player calls in SB. Flop comes KKJdd. Check, you bet 3/4 pot he calls. Turn is a blank, check you bet 3/4 pot he calls. River is another blank. He checks and you make a very small value bet of 15 into a pot of ~50. This guy has called you down 3 streets before. You should bet no less then 30 on the river (35-40 is probably optimal). Remember this guy didn't believe that you would play trips fast on the TT7 board and stacked off when the river gave him another 7 (I think he would have called down river anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. That sucked to be honest. I should have bet between 3/4 - and full pot.