View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

James Boston,
I'm 20 years old

AtriusX,
Having something to invite girls to is a good point. Thanks.

Henry17,
I agree that Montreal should be the easiest place ever.

Your run-of-the-mill blonde who is studying interior design or fashion and is a big fan of caroline rhea makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a fork. I am attracted to girls who are intelligent, have things to say, and have a lot of character. Girls that are a little quirky/weird are my favorites, as long as it's not a forced, over-the-top thing that I see in a lot of "scene" girls.

I generally stay away from clubs (not my thing). If you know downtown montreal, the places I've gone to most often are Saint Sulpice (place with big terrace on St-Denis), some places on St-Laurent, and some spots on Crescent (particularly Brutopia, gogo live music).

DerrtySlime,
I am not saying the girls are attracted to my friends. I am saying my friends are into them, and I don't want to cramp their [censored], you know? I'm actually quite a bit better at getting girls than my friends are once I have an excuse to talk to them.

And it's the dishonesty of forcing a conversation with a girl I don't know when I clearly have ulterior motives that doesn't sit well with me.

Do any of you guys have a specific example of how you've picked up a girl that you could share with me? Or just an example of a conversation you've started with some random girls you don't know?

When I'm very drunk I sometimes just walk up to girls and say "Hi, I'm Max" and I'm not sure how well that works because I'm always too drunk to have a clue (but it's definitely started conversations before). I don't think I can do that comfortably when I'm sober enough to run a little charm.