View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: General life questions / observations / random whatever thread

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be spending Christmas alone this year and I'm wondering what people's opinions on that are.
I'm asian so my family never actually celebrated christmas the traditional western way, but it's always been a family time.

I've recently moved to london, far from home, my flatmates will be heading back home and despite an invitation to come along, I'd prefer not to intrude into family festivities.

What sort of things have you done when spending christmas alone? I guess it's hard for u guys to suggest anything since you are mostly in US (i'm in London, UK),
but any suggestions as what i could do?
the most obvious i can think of is volunteering. and I've made an application to help out at homeless shelters.
but I also want to have other activities in mind that I can engage myself in, (suggestions other than the obvious go out to bar/club).

[/ QUOTE ]

Volunteering at a homeless shelter is a good way to go. I did this one year but a little more extreme: a service organization at my college went out and gave meals to a local area where they congregated. Despite a few minor comfrontations our group felt it was a success.