Thread: 50NL: AQs in BB
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: 50NL: AQs in BB

[ QUOTE ]
djj,

do you think he could be thinking the same thing and be bluff raising me because most tags won't call with just an
ace?

Also, whats the weakest hand ur calling river with if you do fold to the raise with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

link

Basically. He probably assumes you 3 bet AJ+ most of the time pre and that you are repping 77/draws/air. If he doesn't have anything he's probably not putting anymore money in anyways unless he can beat an ace after you check call but he can probably convince him self to call/bluff over a cr with a bunch of stuff.

As far as calling the river raise is concerned I would probably need two pair (AJ, A8, A7, A2) or better to call. He's basically only repping some sort of two pair with an 8 (78,J8, A8), 88, and 9T. Everything else that beats you probably bets the turn but I just don't think he tries to bluff often enough here to call given your line.

cliffs notes: Check raising reps a much wider range than check call, check/check, lead. This is good when we have a hand towards the top of that wide range.