Default Re: College Football Schedules 2008

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-UF opens with Hawaii

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they did a neutral field thing in LA or something. Not going to happen obviously, but it would make it a lot more interesting. UF is obviously the better team but traveling 5000 miles to play in the Swamp has to move the line a lot of points. We're talking about 6 hours of time difference as well so if the game is at 4 in Florida that'll feel like 10 in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]
I somewhat agree here. I'm not sure that it'll be close anyhow as Brennan is gone next year. But yeah, the hour difference would level the playing field a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it'd be impressive if Florida travelled west at all.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed previously (I belive?).

Its difficult for UF to play many OOC games. A few reasons-

-UF typically has 7 games a year at home. In order to fulfill those, it makes it difficult to do home/home with other teams when you have...

-FSU every year. Yes, FSU is not what they once were but they are still a competitive program. The home/home that we have with them every year takes out a potential away game we could have with another team.

-UGA at a neutral site (in jacksonville). Again, we cannot have another home game due to this annual game every year.

Now, thats not to say we can't play other teams, its just that we typically need to fulfill those homegames and not many teams are willing just to come to the swamp for one year (there are of course exceptions).

[/ QUOTE ]

So your excuse for Florida not scheduling tough OOC, especially away is that they don't schedule tough OOC games, especially away.

It's not like the NCAA is mandating that they play 7 games at home.