View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: bad day of cards --causes a bad day in general

Does it affect my day? The short answer, yes.

My wife has figured out how to deal with my losing sessions pretty well (she always asks how I did) since I tend to be grumpy and a little pissy when I lose (lose at ANYthing). I try hard not to let it affect me but I tend to dwell on the sort of hand you describe (ouch BTW, that sucks). Generally I've learned to crush the dickish tendencies down and fake it until the anger goes away for real.

Heck, I still can't get a hand out of my head that I CORRECTLY folded preflop where I would have flopped quads (A8s, board is 888Kx) and the other two guys had AA and KK.

To get my mind off of poker I just try to take pleasure in my daughter's cheerful giggling sweet personality and my wife's upbeat attitude (she's the math person who understands variance a lot more than I do). Usually I get to pick a consolation prize (going out to dinner, a desert of my choice, occasional sexual favors [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], something like that ).

But it works both ways so I have to buy my wife something nice on a really good day or console her when an article gets rejected or something.

Laying a really horrendous beat on someone else later helps a bit too since the poker gods owe you one right? Right?