View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Stars: A Day Without Shortstacking Ratholers

BluffThis,

Have you ever written a computer program? They are incrediably complicated and tedious especially one that would have some artifical intelligence involved. It took my brother(who was probably one of the best programmers in his class) and entire year working in a team to write a program that could play connect 4. I find it hard to believe that in a matter of weeks that someone could come out with a successful bot program, especially people who don't even seem to understand the very strategy they are using. I think it's that their strategy is fixed and thus seems bot like. As showcased in the hand posted they don't even know how to combat their own strategy. I think they just read rolf's book and memorized the hand examples and match it as closely as they can to ones that they play. But when they come to a hand that isn't like one in the book they don't know what the [censored] to do.

As to the vacation thing, a lot of people that aren't students go on vacation this time of year so I don't think it's that unusual that 4 poker players are on vacation.