View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: 800k stuck in neteller, will legal representation help me?

#1. A letter will have no impact on bankruptcy or priority of payment. Even if they paid Ike first, they could pull that money back as a preferential payment so that all would be paid pro rata. However, I suspect you've got some banking issues regarding segrated funds, so I don't know how big of a haircut, if at all, anyone has to take.

2. There are a lot of incorrect assumptions on jurisdiciton. You CAN file in the U.S., unless the neteller agreement has a choice of forum provision in it. I don't know off the top of my head, but there is no other reason than contractual that a U.S. citizen couldn't sue Neteller in the states.

3. A U.S. judgment could be docketed and honored in the UK.

However, I don't think you should file a lawsuit at this point. But I do think you should consider seeking counsel to review the terms and conditions of the neteller agreement and explore dual residency to resolve the issue. You've got enough money to spend the $5-10K to get your money out asap.

In terms of finding the right lawyer, depends on where you live. I would encourage you not to pick a name out of the phone book, seek referals, google the firm and the attorney, etc.

Good luck.