View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Trip report: weekend play at the Wynn & Bellagio 15-30 games

[ QUOTE ]

This decision process has better value in NL games where you are playing for stacks, rather than limit games where you will at a - equity advantage the majority of times. You cant make up the implied odds you need the majority of times with such greatly dominated hands.

Actually come to think of it, a lot of your hands look as if you were an NL player playing a limit game, have you read Ed Miller's book yet? The strategy within is perfectly suited for these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read Ed Miller's book years ago, probably long before I was really able to properly understand his points, I will reread I think.

Regarding my decision making process; Im first and formost a PLO player these days, and a lot of my habits seem to drift over from that headspace, which I have no doubt is -EV. Truth be told, Im an absolutely terrible NLHE player and have never been profitable at it. Clearly I have to retool my strategies for LHE.

Re: Wynn room, I simply had totally wrongheaded expectations. From what I saw, it *is* the best looking room in Vegas, barring some of the really high end semi private spaces, and although its unfair of me to rip on them for not living up to my fantasy, I would certainly have preferred the law library motif with fewer frat boys railbirding me while their girlfriends went to pick up their comped tickets to Spamalot, so bitch I shall as its cheaper than therapy.