View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Trip report: weekend play at the Wynn & Bellagio 15-30 games

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was expecting mahogany and teak everywhere by the descriptions, the reality disappointed me. The chairs were old and certainly nothing fancy, the tables were standard, albeit with reasonably maintained felt,

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you berate Wynn for the chairs, which are probably the newest of the big rooms, yet no mention of the worn-out and broken pieces of junk in perma-recline at the Bellagio? No mention of the Bell's nasty, crusty felt caused by years of spilled drinks because they have no drinkholders, not even the plastic things?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha point totally taken. the only reason i ragged on the wynn was because it was always described as in these amazing, glowing terms. my dad fawned over it when i mentioned i was playing there. so to show up and see what i felt was really a average-to-good room, not a great room, earned a bit of bitchy commentary from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What made me go ?huh? was your expectation of mahogany woodwork, it was as if you expected a law library motif at the Wynn the way I read it, I thought that was a bit odd. The Wynn is either the best looking, or the second best looking room in town depending on your perceptions (some people like the Venetian better, personally I think they really like the open space not the decor).