View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Christianity in a nutshell:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it's wrong, in what way? (no fair claiming merely it is "unkind" rhetorically)

"Christianity is the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree."

unknown

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of petty I think. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Anyways, you have it all inverted. According to Christianity, the Sacrament of Communion is not symbolic, while everything else in that post is probably better understood as symbolic.

To summarize Christianity you only need five words: "Love your neighbor as yourself." All possibility of human virtue falls away in the face of this commandment, and that void is the point of departure for Christianity. Even as an atheist, I think this ideal deserves high reverence. Not sure why nobody else on here agrees with me, not even the "Christians."

[/ QUOTE ]

If you remove "as yourself" I might have a little sympathy for it. I'd still need more qualifiers though, since I live next to smokers.