View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

[ QUOTE ]
O.K.

In the past, in that hand, i would have raised the turn to 35, they would have both folded, and I would have asked myself "what in the hell are you doing overplaying your hand, you practically had the nuts". It's easy to say after the results that I could have raised it more. To me, raising more on the turn is overplaying the hand, and losing value from my big hands. I can maybe see raising the turn to 25 or 30 max. , but no more that that.

Oh well, like my location says, I am constantly trying to dodge 1 and 2 outers at Stars. Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

the real problem i have is with your flop play. theres nothing i hate more than calling that flop and seeing a 5 pop up on the turn. then, even if no one has a straight, you cant build a bigger pot, and if they do youre obviously a dog and you wont be able to bet them off of their hand either. true, once you have your boat on the turn, you dont wanna lose anyone, the only thing is, if anyone is drawing to hearts of a straight still, you can probably get more money, and you wont have to overbet so much on the turn to get their stack. my $.02