Thread: Show your HUD
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Show your HUD

Hey guys,

My HUD is rather different than most of the ones i have seen (see below).

I like to have the numbers as big as i can possibly get them (limited by space of course). I find it is much easier on my eyes if i am playing a long session.

Also, i play on a 17" flatscreen crt monitor set to 1920X1200 resolution (thus things are somewhat small but i can fit 4+ tables without overlap). This resolution setting is also why i like the larger stats.

Finally, I generally play 5-10 tables at a time.

--------------------------------------------

I am a very visual person and i have have colour-coded my displays so i can quickly get a sense of the player.

Also the colour coding brings my attention to particularly bad aspects of opponent's play (e.g., highlighting players with very high wtsd numbers in light blue).

I find the icons unnecessary these days with all these stats and colour coding at my disposal.

This is my basic colour coding scheme:
<font color="#00FFFF"> light blue </font>=very good for me (very bad play...eg. vp$p&gt;42 , w$sd&lt;22 , ... )
<font color="green"> green </font>.......=good for me (bad play)
<font color="#FF8C00"> orange </font>....=medium strength play
<font color="red"> red </font>...........=heads up be wary (#hands on player&lt;50 , prf%&gt;9 , ...)

I also use <font color="yellow"> yellow </font> for "weaker" plays such as calling pf bets and fold to bb steal.

The following are the stats i use (grouped):

I have grouped the standard three stats together and display them in the largest point-type. All three stats are each colour coded with a range of colours (listed above).

Vol put in pot% - Largest font (22pt)
Pfr% ------------ Large font (16pt)
Total agression - Large font (16pt)

---all other stats except these three are 13pt---

The following are layed out in pairs and each appear as one specific colour unless they are exceptionally high/low and then are displayed in another (<font color="#00FFFF">highlight</font>/ <font color="red">warning</font>) colour:

-Aggression frequ-(by street)- <font color="pink"> FLOP </font> - <font color="#CC00FF"> TURN </font> - <font color="purple"> RIVER </font>
-Fold to bet-(by street)------ <font color="pink"> FLOP </font> - <font color="#CC00FF"> TURN </font> - <font color="purple"> RIVER </font> --- but <font color="#00FFFF"> if &gt;65 </font> and <font color="green"> if &lt;40 </font>

(the above purples change from lightest on the flop to darkest on the river)

went to showdown % - <font color="green"> if&lt;20 </font> but <font color="#00FFFF"> if&gt;50 </font>
won at showdown% - <font color="#00FFFF"> if&lt;22 </font> but <font color="green"> if 22 to 30 </font>

-attempt to steal bb
-<font color="yellow"> fold bb to steal </font>

finally, i grouped the last three together in the following order:
<font color="red"> check raise% </font>
<font color="#666666"> continuation bet flop% </font>
<font color="yellow"> call preflop raise% </font>

Last is the <font color="blue"> number of hands on a player </font> BUT shows as <font color="red"> red until &gt;50 </font>

It doesn't appear on that layout but i also display some of my own stats:

- my own number of hands played at the table
- my vp$p% and pfr% at that table (to help keep a handle on my "table image")

I hope that was at least somewhat clear.

Cheers,
sean

ps.
Some stats take a long time to converge and should be used haltingly until you have a larger number of hands....things like w$sd (or bb/100).