View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: 2 4/180 spots I\'m probably overthinking

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
first hand raise to 180.
second hand is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes on the second hand I'll get retarded and limp hoping someone raises it standard like and I can shove over it for some FE. As for the first hand if you miss the flop and the number of players in the hand with you is 2 or lower and you think it's a harmless flop a cbet will take it down alot, however if you get looked up your probably looking at being commited and behind so check-fold is completely logical depending on how much you like to gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am never a proponent of limping around w 13 BB's, but, I must admit, as they're handled anymore, a limp from this position will see 7 of the fastest folds you've ever seen in low and mid low stakes. Everyone it seems is seeing monsters in the closet. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this at these stakes. It is a play I rarely use only in lower stakes at weak tight tables and antes must be in play. I prefer a few moe BB's as 13 is getting under the fold equity line. It actually has a high success rate if used in the right spots as a min bet flop will often take it down. 2 bb's invested can pay dividends. Easy fold in higher stakes game. As mentioned earlier, if an aggro player comes at you, you can repop profitably as well. I think it is a rarely used situational play, one that has quite a few variables to make it a success, hence the snap fold at higher limits.