View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: TT vs. WhoooooohKid

Raise folding 88 from UTG is completely standard. 88 might be the #%@^ worst or at least one of the worst hands we open raise there. In general it makes sense to fold a reasonable % of the hands you are open raising, usually at least about 33% of them. Sorry Im not quoting anyone in particular, I am just seeing random comments along the way that seem completely ludicrous to me. Am I misreading that he's UTG at a 9 handed table with 21x BB?

IMO if you call with 88 here against a typical player, or even a semi aggressive one, you are almost always making a huge mistake. Even if you fold 88 and their reraising range just so happens to be loose enough so that 88 is a correct call, you are still probably crushing them game theory wise. What kind of player decides to make a move by reraising some UTG raiser in a no ante pot? And as I said, even if he is making a move, if you just call with some normal range like 50-60% of the hands you open raise with, you are going to make their play bad. This of course assumes you aren't opening UTG with 66, JTs etc, which honestly I don't think are good plays at all with 21x BB.