View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Why would online poker sites not rig their games?

If you guys want a serious answer to this question the please go ahead and read.

There are few scenarios for a pokersite to be rigged.

1. firends that seat on same table and clean you out:
this can happen and nothing can be done for that
if you do play cash games, you may / maynot be a victom. you will never know about it cause the site will never tell you they found out about it. ( i dont think they do enagh to keep out people who cheat like this , infact this generate some $$ for them ).

2. The site is rigged and this is known to managment

you can do nothing at all aginast it and you will never know if a site is "valid" or not . never - no matter how many people will tell you they won money there. reason is
if a site is smart ( and belive me they are SMARTER then most of the players ) then they can make an algorithem that will leave 50% of the money for real odds and the rest of the 50 will go to their poket. combine that with robot playing ( software that play alone - no human behind it ) and you got yourself the perfect scam. (some people will still win cause they leave 50% for real odds etc... ).

for an example - a tournament that all prizes are 1,000,000$. the site makes it like this that 500,000 will be devided for real players ( sure - according to their cards ) but the rest of the half million will go to the site .

NO ONE CAN SAY THIS IS NOT GOING ON , NO ONE CAN SAY THIS IS GOING ON . it is a trust issue. if you choose not to trust online poker then just dont play online poker.

3. the third scenario is:

since online poker is a buisness that generates a lot of $$ it is worth it for some people to invest millions of $$ in order to break in to their systems and gain some advantage on other players ( LIKE WATCHING THE CARDS THAT ARE BEING DEALT ).

this can be done , it has been done and it will be done .
like any other good buisness that mobsters try to take over.

I am not saying it is easy , i am saying it can be done , and we the players will know nothing about it.

now - if your losing money STOP PLAYING !

it does not matter if you lose because you suck or because the site is rigged. if you lose your money it is not fun.
if it is not fun - dont play .

try the home game around you and see if you do any better

my guess is that you will still lose , but a lot less then you use to .

thanks ,

Sheshbeshon.